Announcements!

---

12.06.2009

A Christmas Carol Contest!

Here's the deal with this AWESOME contest to get us all in the holiday spirit. I'm going to list 20 lines from carols and in your comment you have to say what you think they are. We're going on the HONOR system here. Don't steal from other commenters. Or hey. E-mail me your answers OK? Does that work? Or if you don't want to do this, just comment but I won't publish. ''trebleclefblog@gmail.com''  And the winner gets a makeover and the 2 runners-up get a header OR avatar OR divider OR signature. Ready? Let's start!

1 "To kids from one to ninety two"

2 "He hath ope'd the heavenly door"

3 "Why your joyous strains prolong?"

4 "And heaven and nature sing"

5 "And do not fade in Winter's snow"

6 "The silent stars go by"

7 "Join in any reindeer games"

8 "He sleeps this night so chill"

9 "Give her a dollie that laughs and cries."

10 "Asleep in the hay."

11 "Strike the harp and join the chorus"

12 "And two eyes made out of coal"

13 "When I was a sinner"

14 "As white as lily flow'r"

15 "Where the love-light gleams"

16 "With your pack you'll creep"

17 "How I hate going out in the storm"

18 "Sing all ye citizens on heaven above"

19 "Sin and error pining"

20 "Come peasant king, to own him"

Rack your brains, Access your songbooks. And hurry, the contest ends on Wednesday!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Or two whatevers for the runners up. Just not backgrounds.

Anonymous said...

Sally I'll supply the prizes for ya. =) But just header-and-background set for the 1st prize OK? I'm fine with doing two headers plus that.

Emma said...

I'm sorry, but I'm commenting for now...
1. Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire (or The Christmas Song)
2. i don't know :P
3. ditto ^^
4. Joy to the World
5. idk.
6. oh, MAN!! I know this one... lemme think about it and we'll see what happens =]
7. Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer
8. idk
9. All I want for Christmas?
10. Away in a Manger
11. Deck the Halls?
12. Frosty the Snowman
13. idk
14. idk
15. I'll Be Home for Christmas
16. ?
17. Let It Snow
18. O Come All Ye Faithful?
19. Oh Holy Night?
20. Little Drummer Boy?

That's the best I can do for now... thanks for the contest, I'm really excited!