It fell to earth, I knew not where;
For, so swiftly it flew, the sight
Could not follow it in its flight.
I breathed a song into the air,
It fell to earth, I knew not where;
For who has sight so keen and strong,
That it can follow the flight of song?
Long, long afterward, in an oak
I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end,
I found again in the heart of a friend.
by Jack Prelutsky
I am growing a glorious garden,
Resplendent with trumpets and flutes,
I am pruning euphonium bushes,
I am watering piccolo shoots,
My tubas and tambourines flourish,
Surrounded by saxophone reeds,
I am planting trombones and pianos,
And sowing sweet sousaphone seeds.
I have cymbals galore in my garden,
Staid oboes in orderly rows,
There are flowing fifes and violas,
In the glade where the glockenspiel grows,
There are gongs and guitars in abundance,
There are violins high on the vine,
And an arbor of harps on the bower,
Where the cellos and clarinets twine.
My bassoons are beginning to blossom,
As my zithers and mandolins bloom,
My castanets happily chatter,
My kettledrums merrily boom,
The banjos that burst by the bugles,
Play counterpoint with the kazoo,
Come visit my glorious garden,
And hear it play music for you!
Ugh! It is soooooo humid out! Just saw a duck out in the empty lot; he thought that the mud puddle out there was big enough to stand in. They really need to get moving and plant some grass there. We have our first softball game today. Well actually a scrimmage 'cause it doesn't count towards our record. I'll let you know about that later. Oh and if you havn't already, please vote on my weather poll. Gotta go get ready for church now. Seeya!
I was bored so my creative instincts went into work and so I grabbed a canvas and started to paint. I am really happy with the result. Also our softball uniforms came in and they did not honor our number choices. So now I'm stuck with #12 instead of #28. BLAH! Oh and the other picture? Yeah now it's really starting to show isn't it? Think of it this way. Have you ever seen the ad for Free Credit Report.com with the man with the pirate hat and guitar being a waiter in a restaurant? Well like that. But instead of a human, it's a koala. Yeah, I know.........RANDOM!!!
OK so here are the pictures. I really like the one of the porcupine. He was snuffeling around and I went up and got a picture. Meanwhile back on the porch my mother is silently telling me to come back before it shoots me. (It got kinda startled from the flash you see.) And the deer I know is hard to see but it was twilight, and raining and this was the best one I got. Just look at those eyes!
Halestone-Of course I'll send it to you when it's edited.
HorseFeathers-Need to talk to dad about Sunday
Elrania-Same as HF only for Friday
Everybody- Comment contest coming in May!
Oh my stomach hurts so much from laughing at dinner. ou-ah ou-ah. Breathe Spottedstar. Breathe. Not a good time to have an athsma attack. Some scallions are coming up in the garden. I didn't know they were perennials! One problem though. If you look at the picture, you'll see that they are quite deformed. Uh.....let's just say I'm not sure I want to eat them.
The pow-wow was awesome last night! We had a lot of fun. I just got back from field day. Blah....... Now sometimes, field day is a fun event where you get to do relay races and trow frisbees and stuff but that's not what I'm talking about. No, what I'm talking about is cleaning up the softball feild and dugout. Yucko. Of course it doesn't really help that the sky looks like this. Yeah. Not so plesant is it? Well I think I am going to go read the SunClan book now! I'm so happy Rainfire is letting me have the disc! (BTW Warriors: The New Clan-SunClan #1 The Impossible Task is the book we are writing) Sooooooo Bye!
This my 100th post! Yay! Yippe Skippe! OK since this is number 100, I will try to do the 101 random things OK. And SS will stand for Spottedstar. Here goes!
- SS is hungry and will have breakfast after she finally finishes this.
- SS is hosting the pow-wow tonight.
- SS has been 13 for about a month and a 1/2
- SS wishes that she could have brought her laptop home for vacation.
- SS need to go make Hawktalon's warrior nametag
- SS's li'l brother, Hawktalon, is in the living room watching Harry Potter 5.
- SS is surrounded by piles of old music.
- SS can't wait until 4 o'clock when she can finally stop cleaning the house.
- SS found a really cool poem called "I Am Growing a Glorious Garden".
- SS's computer was acting really funny last night and kept adding millions of new tabs on it's own.
- SS can play the Star Spangled Banner from memory.
- SS can't to read the SunClan book tonight.
- SS wishes 101 wasn't such a big number.
- SS can play 10 notes on a trombone.
- SS's mom says that SS's purple stand is going to poke somebody's eye out.
- Deformed scallions are coming up in SS's garden.
- SS's wishes that some grass would grow on that empty lot next door.
- SS wonders whether she can run barefoot outside, or whether there is still glass on the ground from the car explosion.
- SS's favorite shoes are flipflops
- SS has started riding her bike to school.
- SS say's in fake cheerful voice *Only 80 more!*
- SS really likes the Crayola marker color of Iguana Green.
- SS got all A's and all ones (ones are *outstanding*, not *that stinks!*)
- SS hopes she can play softball soon.
- SS is fed up with her stinkin headache
- SS is sharing this computer desk with some wierd alien from a McDonald's Happy Meal. YUCK!
- SS is happy that it will be warm today.
- 28 is SS's lucky number!
- SS would like you to look down at the bottom of the whole page and tell her what you think.
- SS wonders if anyone will actually read this whole thing.
- SS wants more people to comment.
- SS hopes here softball team wins the championship.
- SS hopes her arm is better enough so that she can pitch this year.
- SS's stomach hurts. Probably because she is hungry.
- SS wonder's whether Hawktalon will like his nametag or throw it out the window.
- SS wonders whether she will be able to read out on her porch today.
- SS only got to 37 because her mom says it's time to start cleaning........ugh.
OK now 3 things-
Tell your followers to check out my blog! I have so few........
Look down at the bottom and tell me what you think!
Thanks Rainfire for the idea for this poll
Please comment on what YOU would like the next poll to be.
Oh yay! I just remembered......! NO SPELLING THIS WEEK!!!!!!!!!! That makes me very very happy.
I think that the chess game on this computer is rigged. There is just no way to win. Grrrr. Vacation starts tomorrow! I hope it isn't too boring. I'm hoping to get a lot done on my story.
I rode my bike to school today. Fun! .......but cold. It took all of before and during homeroom for my toes to defrost.
Hmmmm Blogger says that they will not be able to post stuff for a period of time tomorrow. Ohhh....at 2 in the morning! Like anyone actually would be posting then!
Band sectional in just a few minutes! Yay! Except for all we will be doing probably is listening to other people taking their Sounds of Sousa quiz......*snore*
Please comment on all of this awesome randomness!
Good bye now!!!! Spottedstar/the cornet crazie!
Spring jazz was good........and huge!
Math was boring......as usual.
Gym was boring, as watching people do pull-ups always is.
We watched the strangest movie ever in science.
LA was too much talk by Mr. Patashnik and not enough work.
French was fun, except for my athsma attack.
Lunch was great as it always is!
There was too much stinkn outlining work in SS
Workshop was busy with band or chorus; completely normal
After school I had to teach 2 hyper 6th graders how to play trumpet.
Drama was great as I was only there for about 5 minutes!
Piano was surprisingly good.
I am going to handbells very very soon.
copy this (do copy/paste obviously) into your browser
2. Spottedstar likes, no, make that LOVES jelly beans and is soooo happy she got a lot for Easter.
3. Spottedstar is using her laptop to create an awesome score for a band ensemble overture.
4. Spottedstar is happy because she had a good day at school and has NO HOMEWORK!!!
5. Spottedstar would like more followers *hint hint* can't get a hint? If you're not following then follow, if you're following anonymously is it possible to change that to public so I know you are following? and if you already are following then tell your friends!!!!
6. Spottedstar thought it was funny when in band sectional today Mrs. Barry kept using one of her favorite phrases "When contemplating chromatics, just remember- the right note is only a half step away!"
7. Spottedstar is running out of thoughts (see I really would be hopeless doing 101!)
8. Like Elrania, Spottedstar would like it if people would comment more.
9. Spottedstar wishes it would stop being so cold in the morning so she can ride her bike to school.
10. Spottedstar is happy that she is done now and is now going to go work on her story Trumpet's Secret.
Yep. That's right. Wiffle ball. Or as my brother says "wiffle stiffle ball". It is very very fun. When I was little I came up with this little game called "Cluckers" don't ask me why, 'cause I have NO clue whatsoever. But to this day our backyard baseball diamond has been called "Cluckers Field-Home of the Marsh Rd. Maniacs!!!!"
Yeah I know PUrPLE!!!!! isn't it great? Happy Easter!
Elrania-Ummmmmmm I know I did it for you but the number has somehow completely slipped my mind!!!!!!
I like giving people their warrior cat names too, it's fun!
So my lucky # is 28 and my warrior name is Spottedstar and my elf name is.........ummmmmmm "Hey Elrania what IS my elf name? They are kinda confusing and easy to forget, but treis bien"
So that is it for now and bye!!!
Halestone-I love your new blog!
HorseFeathers-I know I've already said it but thanks!
Elrania-In the video you do not look like you're abou to run into the fence
HorseFeathers, Elrania, Chick for Good, Super Gato and Bellacat- Please go to SunClan site and comment on latest post ASAP!
-this is my not so good attempt at a music note
i love it when people make lots of comments
i like making little cats like this =^.^= (thanks Rainfire!)
it is still really foggy
i am bored
reading makes my head hurt
i just watched Hoot
my favorite color is green
i wish that the weather would be more springy
i just finished my homework
i am bored and am going to end this random post now...