well, hello there. it's been quite some time, hasn't it?
over a year ago, i abruptly stopped blogging. you probably wondered where i went. life has been a roller coaster ride since then, up and down and down some more. recently i've thought a lot about getting back to blogging, and i've decided that i'd like to, that i need a place to write down my thoughts. i've created a new blog 'dreaming in rainbows' that i'd love if you joined, if you're still there and still listening. come join my on my journey, hear my story, be a part of my life.
Christmas has a very nice smell, don't you think?
In fact, my house is smelling very Christmas-y at the moment.
It smells like cookies, warm, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
It smells like candles, holiday favorites. Fresh from Yankee Candle, North Pole, Red Apple Wreath, and Mistletoe scents.
It smells like sharp clean air that blows in from the outside and whistles around the house.
It smells like evergreen trees and wreaths.
It smells like a fresh hint of snow every time I step outside the door.
It smells like scotch tape, wrapping paper and multicolored ribbon.
It smells like the season, advent wreaths of purple and pink, and the the thought of hay in a manger and gifts of frankincense and myrrh.
It smells like Christmas :)
(images via google images)
Yes I know I haven't posted in forever.
Life = crazy.
So be it.
This is my third Christmas blogging, and as always, I'm celebrating by holding a contest! A Christmas carol contest to be specific, but of course you already knew that from the title of this post, didn't you? ;)
This contest is broken into two sections. The first is naming the carol from which twenty or so lyrics come from, and the second is a bit of guessing of my favorite carols. Please be fair and use your brain, hymnals, songbooks, and your family to figure these out. Don't just copy/paste the line into google and see what comes up. That's LAME.
Please either SEND me your answers at TREBLECLEFBLOG@GMAIL.COM or COMMENT with your answers and I won't publish them until the contest is closed.
Whoever has the most correct by Christmas at midnight is the winner!!! They will have the chance to guest post here on Treble Clef and also have their button/ad displayed on my sidebar for one month. Let's get to it!
(below are several lines from Christmas carols. Please state what carol they come from.)
- I knew that God has sent that little boy to remind mewhat Christmas is all about.
- Oh, Christmas Carols, by candlelight
- Twenty, ten, five and let it freeeeEEEEEEeeze!
- And folks dressed up like Eskimos
- And then with a roar they were both on their wayEach knowing they'd meet on some other day.
- The Child, the Child, sleeping in the night
- So frequently to vanquish allThe friends of Satan quite
- The rainbow has an end,And you'll be there my friend someday.
- Hang a shining star
- Raise, raise the song on high
- And time would heal all heartsAnd everyone would have a friend
- Had roll'd along th' unbroken song
- Oh, won't be the sameIf you're not here with me
- Nor thorns infest the ground
- Christmas day is in our graspSo long as we have hands to clasp
- God with man is now residing,Yonder shines the infant light
- Once bitten and twice shy
- The blind will see.The deaf will hear.The dead will live again.
- And the Christmas bells that ring there are the clangingchimes of doom
- In all our trials born to be our friend.
- With the dawn of redeeming grace
- Oh, some like it hot, but I like itREALLY hot! Hee hee!
- Thou shalt find the winter's rageFreeze thy blood less coldly
See if you can guess....
One or more of my top favorite RELIGIOUS carols
And also see if you can guess....
One or more of my favorite SECULAR carols
(All of these may or may not be answers to Part A)
GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY! :)