Announcements!

---

12.16.2011

CHRISTMAS CAROL CONTEST {season III}

Yes I know I haven't posted in forever.
Life = crazy.
So be it.

ANYWAY......

This is my third Christmas blogging, and as always, I'm celebrating by holding a contest! A Christmas carol contest to be specific, but of course you already knew that from the title of this post, didn't you? ;)
This contest is broken into two sections. The first is naming the carol from which twenty or so lyrics come from, and the second is a bit of guessing of my favorite carols. Please be fair and use your brain, hymnals, songbooks, and your family to figure these out. Don't just copy/paste the line into google and see what comes up. That's LAME.
Please either SEND me your answers at TREBLECLEFBLOG@GMAIL.COM or COMMENT with your answers and I won't publish them until the contest is closed.
Whoever has the most correct by Christmas at midnight is the winner!!! They will have the chance to guest post here on Treble Clef and also have their button/ad displayed on my sidebar for one month. Let's get to it!

PART A:
(below are several lines from Christmas carols. Please state what carol they come from.)
  1. I knew that God has sent that little boy to remind me
    what Christmas is all about.
  2. Oh, Christmas Carols, by candlelight
  3. Twenty, ten, five and let it freeeeEEEEEEeeze!
  4. And folks dressed up like Eskimos
  5. And then with a roar they were both on their way
    Each knowing they'd meet on some other day.
  6. The Child, the Child, sleeping in the night 
  7. So frequently to vanquish all 
    The friends of Satan quite
  8. The rainbow has an end,
    And you'll be there my friend someday.
  9. Hang a shining star 
  10. Raise, raise the song on high
  11. And time would heal all hearts
    And everyone would have a friend
  12. Had roll'd along th' unbroken song
  13. Oh, won't be the same 
    If you're not here with me 
  14. Nor thorns infest the ground
  15. Christmas day is in our grasp
    So long as we have hands to clasp
  16. God with man is now residing, 
    Yonder shines the infant light
  17. Once bitten and twice shy
  18. The blind will see.
    The deaf will hear.
    The dead will live again.
  19. And the Christmas bells that ring there are the clanging
    chimes of doom
  20. In all our trials born to be our friend.
  21. With the dawn of redeeming grace
  22. Oh, some like it hot, but I like it
    REALLY hot! Hee hee!
  23. Thou shalt find the winter's rage
    Freeze thy blood less coldly
      
PART B:
(guessing game!)

See if you can guess....
One or more of my top favorite RELIGIOUS carols

And also see if you can guess....
One or more of my favorite SECULAR carols

(All of these may or may not be answers to Part A)

---

GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY! :)

1 comment:

Maddi said...

Hey did you do a new blog design? It's cool!