Announcements!

---

6.17.2010

Baseball, Trumpets, Converse (no Chevrolet)

(Don't get the title? Chevrolet has a jingle that goes "Baseball, hot dogs, apple pie, and Chevrolet". I'm just taking it from there)

Yesterday, Ripplestar and I went to a Sea Dogs game- the Sea Dogs being the minor league baseball team nearby.



We had a lot of fun- although we lost. Very very badly.
Of course, the team mascot, Slugger the Sea Dog, was there. Ripplestar wanted to go squeeze his nose- but she didn't get the chance.


Between innings there are usually different promotions and contests and Ripplestar and I got picked to do one!!! It was called 'name that tune' and we won it! :) We won a bunch of CD's. 

We were kind of bored during one inning where the other team was scoring a bunch of runs so....I took random pictures. Like this one:


Mine are on the left, by the way :)
It was fun.

Before the game I had my trumpet lesson (surprise surprise) and it went very well!!! We are working on some pieces for my placement audition at band camp. For my concert band tryout I have a lovely nocturne and for my jazz, a hip swing piece by Miles Davis. 

Summer is so awesome...


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Summer is awesome!!

Alex Maria said...

Sounds like you two had a lot of fun!

Congrats on winning the CD's!!! :D

Eldarwen said...

Congrats about the CD's, girl! :D Looks like a TON of fun! Oh, and love the converse. ;D

Sally said...

Yeah, it was lot's of fun!

Thanks Eldarwen- I love my converse too ^_^