Announcements!

---

4.06.2010

What do you think of....

What do you think of when you see this?


http://blogs.houstonpress.com/rocks/treble-clef.JPG



Is it just a shape? Is it just lines on paper? Does it have meaning? For me, this simple symbol means a world more than just black ink splash on a white background. Look at the flow. Look at the curve. Can't you see how elegant it is? The swirl represents freedom and flow, but there is a line that cuts through it stopping the freedom. A constriction. But then, isn't that life? A beautiful gift to us. But whenever we think we are completely free we are stopped by another problem that has been handed to us. And then the curved line ending in a heavy dot. This symbolizes power. Notice that it's at the bottom, because we shouldn't focus on being powerful. Maybe that's why I like it so much, and it makes a great blog title because it's about life, and if the treble clef represents life......well, it's just a thought.

4 comments:

MadiShae said...

That's really interesting. When I think about it, I think of music and different music plasts into my head.

Lucy said...

I see pure evil! I'm just kidding, I see a sign that means for me, trumpets are attacking, we need to move to Mars. I think that a bass clef can be perfectly elegant too.

Golden Eagle said...

I think of my piano whenever I see that clef.

Izori said...

I actually think of your blog when I see a treble clef! Lol. I also think of music, naturally.