Announcements!

---

3.02.2010

Tag from Elránia and a rather serious matter

Hey guys. I'll start off happy. With the tag.


1. What's your favorite time of day, and why?
Early in the morning around 7, standing at the window of the auditorium when no one else is there in the dark. Watching. Waiting.

2. If health weren't an issue, what would you live off?
Soups and Salads. Yum!

3. If you could have one wish granted (besides wishing for more wishes) what would it be? uh....world peace? IDK.

4. What is one thing you get teased about a lot?
Oh it just *couldn't* be my raging band obsession could it?

5. If you could chose one movie, book, of TV show to live in what would it be? What kind of a character would you be? Probably Harry Potter an I'd be a lot like myself, which would pretty much guarantee Hermione as my best friend.


6. If you could have a talent that you don't already have, what would it be?
Flying!

7. If money were no object, where would you go on vacation?
Ooh. Hard one. I'd love to go to Greece.

8. If you were an awesome singer, what genre would you sing?
New Age

9. If you could have a $10,000 shopping spree to one store, which one would it be?
No clue

10. If you could live in any point in time, what would it be?
You know, I like it where I am.


11. If every outfit in your wardrobe had to be one color, what would it be?
Soft aqua

12. If you were one of the seven dwarves, which one would you be?
Doc

13. What's the last album you listened to?
An Owl City one

14. What would be something that we'd be surprised to know about you?
Pointy colored pencils make me very happy.

I tag: Anyone who agrees with my opinion on the serious matter below.


Sigh. Serious matter time. Last Friday, my friends and I heard a rumor that because of the budget they were going to have to close our school. And it's true. Or at least, that's what the school board will be voting on. Up until today we've just been trying to figure out the facts as there are a couple stories out there. But there was one school board meeting yesterday and another tonight and after watching a recap on last nights it's looking so-so. The superintendent is avidly promoting the cuts, but many members who have spoken seem to think that it's too fast, and that we actually do have a 4.5 million surplus in a "rainy-day fund"! So we don't know. Let me tell you a bit about our school. It was built by the WPA during WWII in 1924 and is the sturdiest school, in the town. For some reason, they want to move all the middle school kids across town where there is less room and serious deterioration. Odd, isn't it? Our school doesn't have mold. Our school is, well, our school. And even though I'm not going to be one moved, I still care. The stories that have been kept alive through the years will be.........gone. But we're running out of time. The vote will be held next Monday, the 8th. Bloggers, please. You may have gone to some of these bloggers blogs: Super Gato, Bella, Ripplestar, Anna13, Elránia, Hannah. Keep us in your thoughts.

6 comments:

Lucy said...

:'( I HATE the budget reeaally badly. It makes me sad.

Hayley said...

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. :( Maybe you and your friends can get together and do a fund rasier. Just an idea.

Sally said...

no kidding ripplestar.....

idk glow fish. that's what we would do to raise extra $ for band trips, etc. but we don't think that it can save a school. i think we're thinking more along the lines of marching down to city hall with big signs and letting them know what the *students* really think.

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh noooo... they'd move you to MEMORIAL?! Omigosh! No! {other bloggers, I went to Memorial before we moved because the school was so bad.} Oh no... Calling you today after school...

BTW, that 'tag' was actually Abigal from Rear Window's blog party thingy.

Isabella Emiline said...

okay, so here's the deal. even though *the other school in the city that shall remain nameless* does have a lot more space than our school (yes, it does), kids would have to be going to school in 6 giant portable classrooms. sadly (and quite pathetically), both schools have serious fire hazards, even if ours does have bomb shelters. and the high school is about to collapse, it's in such bad shape.

but i went to a budget meeting and it's looking pretty tight. so i dare say it might be inevitable that our school will close, however preposterous it might sound.

Emma said...

Oh no!! I'll keep you all in my prayers and thoughts, definitely!
I'm also having a little idea streak on my blog Summer Girl and I need feedback from my beloved readers! I was wondering if you wanted to stop by and drop me a comment. If this is advertising, I apologize - you can delete or ignore this comment. I just wanted to give you all the heads-up. Thanks!
~Emma~
PS the blog URL is http://summergirl-ew.blogspot.com.