Announcements!

---

3.23.2010

New Song

Well, I got through another Monday. Honestly, some of these weeks the only reason I get up on Monday morning is that I know that there are only a few more left until the end of school. Sad, I know. Only........uh.......idk but some low number left. Anyway that's not really what this post is about anyway.

A couple days ago in sectional, we were talking about the songs we, as the 8th grade band, would be doing for the final concert. Not just the final concert of the year, but our *FINAL* concert with our current school. Every group has chosen to do a movie theme which is pretty cool. We've got this Disney medley with 'Under the Sea', 'Beauty and the Beast', 'Friend Like Me', and 'A Whole New World'. Also yesterday we got our second piece. Music from LoTR The Fellowship of the Ring! It's going to be soooo fun on trombone. Anyway, we were talking about our last song, which hopefully will be a student conducted one. Somebody suggested the Abba song, 'Thank You For The Music'. There's no band arrangement so we can't play it :'( but I looked it up and added it to my playlist. It's amazing. My favorite line follows:

'Without a song, without a dance, who are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me'

Have a great day!

(If you want to listen to this song, it's number 95)

1 comment:

Isabella Emiline said...

i love abba! btw, it's "without a song or a dance, what are we?"