So I was just looking around facebook, and one of my friends had commented on this page. And the page was: 100 reasons why I'm a band geek. I read through them, and sure enough, most of them applied to me. I thought I'd share this list with you today because it's HILARIOUS, but I did edit it a bit, there are only 62 instead of 100. :)
YOU KNOW YOU'RE A BAND GEEK WHEN
1. When you hear music and you start marking time.
2. When you walk behind someone and you're in step with them.
3. When you try to guess the tempo of your favorite song.
4. When you point out key changes and dynamics while listening to the radio.
5. When you like wearing your uniform.
6. When people ask you about your social life and you say, "Oh, you mean my flute/trumpet/drum/etc.?"
7. When you consider your drill book a fashion accessory.
8. When you never want to put down your instrument- it literally has to be taken from you.
9. When you practice your instrument more than you talk to people.
10. When people worry when they see you without you instrument.
11. When "armed guard," means a girl with a pole instead of a guy with a gun.
12. When band camp is the best part of you're summer
13. When you respond to "hey band geek!"
14. When someone says the word "box 5" and you automatically put your head up and start marching.
15. When you remember flats and sharps more easily than your name.
16. When you dress the lunch line, and urge others to do the same.
17. When you're alone and you suffocate because there's no one little comma you to breathe.
18. When your instrument has a name other than 'clarinet/trumpet/drum/etc'.
19. When you remember your instrument's birthday and forget your mom's.
20. When back marching no longer reminds you of ballet.
21. When you give your instrument a birthday party.
22. When Aussie feathers become a fashion "do".
23. When you see your section more than you see your family.
24. When everyone wants to kill the other football team...and you want to kill the other band.
25. When you think evening practices should last a half-hour longer.
26. When you can sight-read with no problem whatsoever.
27. When you can put on you uniform in less than 10 minutes.
28. When reeds taste good.
29. When marking time is your favorite form of exercise.
30. When you have a neck strap/harness/dot book tan line.
31. When you subconsciously start practicing your conducting with a pencil.
32. When numbers past 8 aren't important.
33. When you roll-step through the cafeteria so you don't spill your lunch.
34. When you'd rather practice than read this list.
35. When letters past G aren't important.
36. When you hear music and start conducting.
37. Your social life includes memorizing music.
38. You memorize tunes for fun.
39. You don't mind singing on the bus so long as it's the show music.
40. You step on the field again after summer vacation, kiss the ground and yell "I'm home at last!"
41. You can sing not only your show from three years ago, but the other band's show that beat you.
42. You invest in a mouthpiece warmer.
43. Wide open spaces urge you to march your show.
44. You have at least 2 instruments - a junky one for marching and a good one for concert band.
45. Dreams of marching are constantly in your head.
46. You wear your marching shoes to school.
47. The most exciting thing in your life is marching band.
48. You start to call the "football field" the "marching field".
49. You no longer think of yourself as a person, but as a dot on a drill book page.
50. You remember each year of high school by the show that you marched in and not the grade.
51. You sit in ready position...at the dinner table.
52. You march in the summer to keep up good marching skills.
53. You have good marching skills.
54. You miss homecoming for a band function and don't mind.
55. Your band locker has more of your personal items in it than your closet.
56. You forget your sister's name but remember the first, middle, and last name of everyone in your +200 member band.
57. You add "Boston Crusaders Drum Corps" to your job choices after you graduate high school.
58. Changing your oil means opening up your case.
59. You see a piece with lots of high notes and say 'Yay!'
60. You forget how to walk normally
61. When you stand, you're feet are always in closed first position
62. Normal words like 'set, and drill' have totally different meanings then what everyone else thinks.
And the sad thing? Pretty much all of these 62......Apply to me. Isn't tat GREAT? :) Now you know how insane I really am. Do any apply to you?
(School today was good! French class was hysterical- we were doing contractions à and de with masculine/feminine/plural and I think the funniest quote was from Bella to me and Elránia "The supermarket is a boy, you guys. And bakery is a girl." Haha.)