Announcements!

---

5.03.2010

a taste of summer

I. Hate. Global. Warming. Just saying. It's global warming that brought us an early spring (which I don't mind) and also the uncomfortable weather today. I didn't even know what it was supposed to be like today, but lets just say that I'm glad I wore shorts instead of jeans and put my hair up! I walked outside at 7:20 this morning to leave for school and the humidity hit me. I didn't check the thermometer in the kitchen when I left, but even so early in the morning it was over 70º!!! And it went worse from there. The heat in school was awful, but not as bad as it was outside, and we couldn't open windows because it only made it hotter. Breathing became difficult because of the humidity; it was like up were choking on air, and the air itself felt solid. The auditorium was the best place because it is so big and open, but marching practice was torture. Breathing was bad within itself, but playing an instrument???? I never thought I'd say it but.....I wish we hadn't had band today, just because of the weather. Plus I was having extra problems because of my asthma. :P So I'm waiting for the giant storm that with break this spell, but I don't think it's going to happen for a few days. Yay....

Also I have a prayer request: My grandfather has been battling cancer since last summer and he's not doing particularly well right now, if you could please keep him in your thoughts.

4 comments:

Golden Eagle said...

I hope your grandfather wins his battle with cancer and that he recovers!!

Emma said...

:( Your grandfather is certainly in my thoughts!
~Emma

Izori said...

I'll be praying for your grandfather! I know how hard it is to have someone you love struggle through the battle.

Bekah said...

I'll be praying for your grandfather. That is really scary. My great-aunt is going through breast cancer and it breaks my heart to see how worn she is.

I don't believe in global warming...I would know, haha. Not like I'm some sort of expert, but I had to write a ten page research report on it and I spent four weeks reading every article and book about it that I could get my hands on, and I definitely am convinced it's not real...haha. That'd be freaky if it was, though.