Announcements!

---

5.24.2010

A strange love for fog

You know what's really cool? Fog. Random, right? But it's soooo cool! Like, how it's a cloud and all and the funny noises that foghorns make and all that jazz. The awesomest (that's not a word is it?) thing was something like what happened last night, and probably actually happens pretty often as well....

So I got home from confirmation kinda late last night and on the way back the fog was creeping in softly and going over the bridge all the streetlights looked so cool wreathed in clouds. The best part was when I was in bed and the fog totally enveloped my house and you could see little tendrils snaking past and skating across the windows. It had all burned off by the time I got up though which isn't surprising considering it was 80º out today! :D So anyway, that's my love of fog. To end it here's a cute little poem about it by Carl Sandburg. (Ironically it's showed up just about every year on my NWEA tests)

 Fog
 
The fog comes
on little cat feet.

It sits looking
over harbor and city
on silent haunches
and then moves on. 
 

No comments: