Announcements!

---

7.10.2011

photography -- a guest post by grace

Hey, guys! My name is Grace and I blog over at Grace Loves the Beatles. I'm here to talk a little about my photography -- oh, my photography.


I've had a camera since day one (thanks, mom, really), so I've always been comfortable with it. I went through several point and shoots, and last Christmas, finally saved up enough money to buy my first dSLR, a Nikon d40x. I was in love with that thing, guys. The black and yellow strap never left my neck.

And that's still the case. I started a Project 365 (taking and posting a photo every day for a year). It seemed so intimidating and pressuring at first, but it just gets to be a habit. I think that my photography has improved so much since I started.




My favorite photography is just... outdoor, real-life photography. You know, walking around town with my camera strap around my neck. The best.


 Another one of my favorite subjects is my little brother, Charlie Pete. (He's the blonde one in the above photo.) He is so cute, but is getting more and more stubborn around the camera... whenever he sees my Nikon, he'll purposely not look at it.


I edit my photos mainly in Photoshop Elements 8, but recently downloaded the 30-day trial of Lightroom 3. It's a little (or a lot) confusing, but I'm slowly getting the hang of it. I think.
Hm, what else to say? Sally, thanks for letting me guest post! This is my first one.
If you want to see more of my photography, check out my blog Grace Loves the Beatles! Come on, don't be shy.

No comments: