Announcements!

---

7.12.2011

an easy [and delicious] recipe...by Lauren!

Hey, everyone! It's Lauren from Thrive! I'm here on Sally's amazing blog today to talk to you about one of my favorite topics on the entire planet...FOOD!

I've been lucky to be going to baking camp at a Chef Central store near me for the last two weeks. We bake for four hours straight, and then at one o'clock, we eat all of the food that we create! I've been to three summer cooking camps in Chef Central in the past, but these two weeks are my first experiences as a full-fledged pastry chef. ;)

Anyways, I wanted to share this super easy recipe with you all! If you like dessert/chocolate as much as I do, I know you'll love this recipe. Like I said, it's easy. As in, if you are such a bad cook that you burn water, you can still make this. I used to be a terrible cook. The only thing I could make was cereal. But even back then, I could make this.

Chocolate Croissants

Ingredients:
-2 sheets of frozen puff pastry (one package)*
-1 egg, beaten
-12 oz. bittersweet chocolate (I feel like we might have used semi-sweet chocolate chips and they came out good. So semi-sweet chocolate is good also)

*For those of you who don't know what puff pastry is (I didn't before last week), it's frozen pastry that comes in sheets. The box looks something like this:


(not my image)



Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Cut the two sheets of puff pastry into 2 rectangles. Cut each rectangle into 4 long triangles with a smaller triangle on each end. Place a piece of chocolate in the middle of the wider end, about 3/4 inch from the edge. Brush the edges with the beaten egg and roll the puff pastry up. Shape into croissants and place them seam-side down on a baking sheet. Repeat the same method with the remaining dough. Bake for about 15 minutes.

I know that is incredibly confusing, especially since I don't have pictures (we're not allowed to take pictures during camp), but I made this diagram to try to help you.

Good luck, and happy baking!

_________________________

I'm Lauren, a 14-year-old girl who is far too complex to be accurately described through words on a screen. I guess I'm kind of "messed up", but I'm trying to overcome that. Hopefully through my blog,  Thrive, you get to learn more about me and who I really am.

No comments: