Announcements!

---

7.23.2011

Hello Home (an update of the past two weeks)

Phew! It has been a long time since I have been home and posted, and it does feel really good to be back, even if it is only for a day :)

Before I start rambling on and on (ready yourself now for a good long ramble) can I just say that all of you who did this round of guest posting did an awesome job? Seriously, I just read all of your posts and they were fantastic, thanks so much, I hope everyone enjoyed them as much as I did! Also, I see that while I was gone, blogger decided to totally mess things up and change everything around. Sorry blogger, but I'm not a fan. Not yet anyway.

BUT ANYWAY.....on to my ramble.
On July 9th (wow that was a long time ago) I arrived at band camp around 9 in the morning. I headed off to auditions immediately, while my dad found my room and brought all my stuff up for me. I was prepared for my auditions, so I was pretty confident. I nailed my jazz audition, and I though my concert band one was a bit shaky, but in the end it didn't matter. After I went back to my dorm room to find this huge beautiful suite waiting for me. It was AMAZING. We had two bedrooms for the five of us, a living room with a couch, chairs and a giant picture window, four desks, a nice bathroom, and kitchen area. So awesome. My roommates were also totally awesome and we had many adventures such as dance parties in the elevator, spicy nacho popcorn, and flooding our suite. (best adventure EVER.) Also, there were great things that happened as a whole camp such as the creation of the ten caBANDments. Epic, epic, epic.

And the music, the MUSIC. Incredible. After lunch on the first day chairs for concert band and jazz band had been posted and to my great delight I found that I was the lead trumpet in the jazz ensemble and principle trumpet in the concert band! (for those of you who don't know, both of these mean first chair- lead is used in jazz and principle in concert band, wind ensemble and orchestra settings) Being first in both meant that I was trumpet section leader, and it landed me a spot in the student solo recital.

It was a really really amazing week, I played so so so much, and so high, and the concert last Sunday was near perfect. Just so much fun! I can't WAIT for next year!

My week at Pilgrim Lodge was great too, and now I'm home for the day. Around 3 I'm going to leave and go see the new Harry Potter movie which I am wicked excited for and also packing because tomorrow I leave for a mission trip with my church which should be great too. Phew! It sure is a busy summer!

1 comment:

Buttercup said...

sounds like you had a great time! thats sooo cool that you got to be trumpet section leader! great job!