Announcements!

---

5.01.2011

If Just Signing Up for the SAT is Stressful....

The penultimate day before April break, in my first block 10th grade honors biology class I was handed a thick paper booklet. 
It was emblazoned cheerfully with the words "Getting Ready To Take The SAT Subject Tests!"
I groaned. The SAT was probably anything but cheerful, but I knew I should take it now, even though I'm only a freshman, rather than wait and forget everything I learned this year and do terribly.
Still, I put it to the back of my mind in Paris, but yesterday I finally figured it would be good to sign up for the darn test already and so my dad and I went into our office to sign up.
I had figured on it being a pretty easy, fairly painless process. They'd ask me to put in my basic personal information, I'd choose what test I was taking and when and where, and then we'd pay and print my admission ticket.
Let's just say....signing up for an SAT, is a nightmare.
First they just asked for basic information.
Name, address, grade, school, etc.....
And then more basic information.
Race...religion...blah blah blah.
Oh and so then it's like 'build your college profile!'. And I'm thinking, I don't want to fill out a college profile, I'm a freshman, I just want to sign up for the stupid test.
But it makes me fill out the college profile.
What do you plan on majoring in?
What is your GPA?
What is your class rank are you?
What size college do you want to attend?
What is the highest level of education you want to have?
What are all the classes you have ever taken or plan to take?
Which of these subjects are you an honors or AP student?
What is your average grade?
Are you top 10%, above average, average or below average in these subject areas?
On
and
on
and
on.
Oh and it repeatedly keeps asking me if I am indeed Sally {insert middle initial and last name here} like on every page.
Finally it lets me actually choose my test and test center....
And pay...
And get my ticket...
The whole process literally took an hour.
If signing up for the SAT was stressful....well, I can't wait to see the actual test. 

2 comments:

Caitlin said...

hey Sally!!

I found your blog through horsefeathers and I just wanted to say...:) I am obsessed with music too!! My primary instrument is the flute (I've been playing for... about 2 years now! seems like much longer :D) I'm a 7th grader and in Febrary, I tried out for and made state Junior District concert band. Our concert was April 30 and IT. WAS. AMAZING!!!!! haha, amazing isn't even a good enough word to describe it... anyway, just wanted to say hi! :D

Caitlin

Kaitlyn said...

Good grief, I just signed up for the test too! It took forever and I'm dreading the actual thing. :)

By the way, I love your blog! I play the piano (10 years) and the harp (7 yrs.) and I sing.

~Katie