Announcements!

---

3.14.2011

3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944592307816406286....

pi.
pi.
pi.
pi.
pi.

Today is national PI day. Pi, as in math pi, 3.14 pi. Not pie (yum), but PI.
Pi...is cool, but confusing. Like really. All those numbers? Going on forever.....literally? Makes my head hurt. Those people who memorize a million digits of pi...for fun? Kinda crazy. First ten, ok, normal. Anything above a hundred, you're a bit wacky, a thousand, a million, YOU ARE INSANE. 
And that's not meant as an insult. It's also a high compliment that you can actually remember a random order of numbers in that much quantity. Good for you. But you're still insane....

Me? I can probably rattle off the first ten digits, or thereabouts. My brother had several memorized at one point. Maybe fifty or so. Pi, though, I rarely use. I think the only times I've used it are when I'm finding the circumference and areas of circles...

And to tell you the truth, I really couldn't tell you which formula is for which...
pi2r, pir2 yeah, that's confusing. Ugh. I can NEVER remember which is which so on math papers when I have to use it, I always do the wrong formula. Ugh. 

Anyway....happy pi day.......

Also a very exciting announcement on the badminton front!
We've been doing lots in our badminton tournaments and our doubles team came out of the round robin with a top seed, and in our finals doubles tournament we have won our first round match, and therefore advance to the next round. But the really exciting news is this: 
We've also been doing a singles, double elimination tournament (you have to lose twice to be out of the competition) and today I became the undefeated winner's bracket champion! Which means on Wednesday, I get to play against the winner of the loser's bracket in a championship match! The awesome thing about being the winner of the winner's bracket is that my opponent has to beat me not once, but TWICE, to win the championship, while I must only beat them once. Bwahaha. I love badminton.....

2 comments:

[Lauren] said...

I love Pi Day. I looked at the clock at 1:59. 3.14159 :D

And for the record, I have these digits memorized, LOL.

3.14159265358979323846264338327. :D I'm so cool. Today my friend's facebook status was the first 8000 digits of pi. :D

Golden Eagle said...

I can't believe I forgot about Pi day! LOL.