Announcements!

---

12.09.2010

just...so...tired.......

Ever had one of *those* days?
Days that are just so long and busy and tiring you're literally a slug the next day?
Yeah.....
This was yesterday.
Cornet Crazie rolled out of bed at 5:30 in the morning and got ready for school. She left around 7. School started at 7:30, with study hall for first block. Freezing cold, she went and got some coffee in the cafeteria, which both warmed her up and brought her energy levels up to a reasonable standpoint so that she could get some work done. She stayed by the heaters in English and French, and was able to get through her geometry test OK too. 
School got over at 1:50 and she headed over to the band room for jazz band. At 3:25, jazz let out, and the main office closed and the heat was turned off. Cornet Crazie ate a quick snack and set up her mutes, trumpet and flugalhorn for pit band rehearsal which started at 3:45.
By 4:15, the room had begun to get very very cold as the heat was off, the band room is a large open room, and one of the doors to the outside does not close all the way. By the time pit band got over at 5:30, and Cornet went outside to her mom's car waiting outside, she couldn't tell much difference in the indoor and outdoor temperatures. (Outside it was 26ºF)
She then drove over to her trumpet lesson which went from 6-6:30 and she finally got home around 7. Her family ate dinner and she started on her homework which took a ridiculous amount of time to complete and when it was finally done it was very late at night so she was very sluggish the next morning.

So yeah. This morning I was sooooo tired. I just wanted to sleep sleep sleep. Plus it was like 10 degrees outside so I wore sweatpants to school, which made it feel like I was wearing pajamas, which made me want to sleep. I also had bio first block, and there's no food or drink allowed in the science rooms so no tea or coffee to keep me awake in biology. I had to keep slapping myself so I wouldn't drift off.

I think I'll go to bed early tonight....

2 comments:

Lucy said...

Poor Cornet :( at least you don't have to get up at 5:30 on Saturday, like some people...

Sally said...

are you kidding me???? i'll be up early.....cause i'll have to clean...