Announcements!

---

1.04.2011

i'm a tuba failure

So...confession.
I pride myself on being able to learn instruments fast and easily.
Perfecting is another matter, I'm talking basics here although there are some instruments I'm quite good at. (I'd say I'm best at trumpet family, trombone and mallet percussion)

Cornet, trumpet, these are my main instruments. This is what I try to always be perfecting. I'm good with trumpet family.



In the middle of my 7th grade year we got XanFan's trombone. Because trombones are way cool, I of course wanted to try it out. And I was hooked. 
So I promptly learned it and was ready for all the 8th grade trombone music thrown at me in 8th grade.



In 8th grade in one of the jazz bands I ended up learning a LOT of percussion stuff. I had previous piano experience, and by the end of the year I could do mallet stuff really well as well as auxiliary percussion and a tad of set.



Also in 8th grade I decided that it was about time for me to learn a woodwind. So I started clarinet. And after the first couple tedious days, things came quickly.


That's all I learned officially. But I've played my friend Anna's mellophone several times and that's been easy and Lucy had an old flute lying around which I promptly picked up, played, looked up a fingering chart online and immediately began teaching myself to play flute.


But today, XanFan brought home the tuba he's been learning. And he played it for a while and then he said 'Sally, do you wanna try?' 
So I did.

And it was an epic failure. Could barely get sound out of the monstrosity.
And that is why you are not go to see me playing tuba anytime soon....

But tuba....beware.

One day.
I SHALL CONQUER YOU!!!!!

2 comments:

Katie Krinkleberry :) said...

haha! Cute post Sally! :D
I have been playing trumpet for 5 years now and I don't plan on stopping anytime soon. It is great that you can pick up other instruments that easily...especially woodwinds.. *cringes* My sister plays flute and I have tried to play it but I just dont have the knack for it. e_e
I have never tried the tuba... hmm. I am gonna put my skills to the test on Monday! :D
-Katie Krinkleberry

Emma said...

Haha, I love this. :)
Emma